You may be looking in the right place if you’re trying to figure out how to migrate contacts from Excel to vCard (.vcf) file manually. Next, it’s time to have a party. This blog article will go over the best manual method for converting Excel contacts to vCard. To discover more about the entire conversation, keep reading this blog.
We are all aware that Microsoft Excel is one of the frequently utilized application tools for saving a lot of data while maintaining structure. Most users choose to do so since Excel sheets store the contact information in tabular form with designated fields. The issue with Excel files is that you can only open them in Microsoft Excel or other programs that are suitable because they are software.
On the other hand, the vCard data file is frequently utilized. It keeps track of a person’s complete information, including First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, etc. Multiple email software supports the vCard file, which can be used on mobile devices. Therefore, sharing this file is beneficial.
See also: The best technique for creating PDFs from CSV files
Excel to VCF Conversion Process Without Software:
In this section, we’ll go over how to transfer Excel contacts to vCard format without needing an application. The conversion procedure consists of three steps. In the initial stage, the user must convert to vCard format.
Step 1: convert the Excel file to CSV format.
• To turn Excel into a V Card. The first step is to export your XLSX, XLS, or file into CSV format.
•Open the Excel file that needs to be changed.
• Click the top-positioned office button.
• Make the selection. Select “Save As” from the menu.
•Change the file format, select the file name in the dialogue box, and then pick the chosen file format.
•At this point, click the “save” tab to finish the process.
Step 2: Import contacts by opening a CSV file.
After being converted to CSV format from Excel. The technique for importing contacts from a file in this format is as follows.
• When you click Start and type in a search phrase, Contacts will come up.
• From the list of results, select the Contacts Tab.
• Select the Import option from the top ribbon bar.
• To import the CSV file, choose it and click the Import icon on the “Import to Windows contacts” tab.
• After choosing the file location or entering the file path, click the Next button.
• Pressing the Finish button is the last step.
Step 3: Export Excel Contacts to vCard Format
• To access the Contacts folder, once more type “Contacts” into the window’s search field.
• By pressing the “Export” button now, you can choose the vCard file format.
• Hit the Export tab.
• Next, find the vCard file to save by browsing the destination folder.
• When finished, click the OK button to convert Excel to VCF manually.
Problems with the Manual Approach
The aforementioned process allows the user to swiftly convert Excel contacts to vCard. However, it is a laborious procedure that calls for three steps to be completed. Because of these limitations, this approach can convert Excel to VCF without the use of any software, however, they are the main obstacle.
If you want a simple way to swiftly change the file format, you must use this automatic program. Multiple Excel contacts can be converted to vCard file format using this tool. Let’s take a closer look at this automated tool.
Excel to vCard Converter that is Automated XLS/XLSX to VCF Exporting Software
If you don’t want to use the manual technique because it takes too long or you don’t feel very at ease doing that approach, try Softaken Excel to vCard Converter to convert contacts from XLS to vCard format. It is simple to convert multiple Excel contacts into one or more vCard files. Every Excel contact is previewed by the application before being exported to vCard file format. You may easily export contacts from XLSX to vCard with this program. Even individuals with little to no technical skills can easily utilize the application. A large number of contacts can also be swiftly converted from an Excel file to vCard format.
Methods for Converting Excel Contacts to Outlook PST Files
• Set up the software on any Windows system.
• Select the Navigate option, then browse to select an Excel XLS/XLSX file.
• View a preview of the contacts’ fields in the Excel file, then map them to vCards. Right-click the menu at the top of the left side and select Export.
• Choose the option to export vCards as a single file.
•When prompted, input the location where you want to save the vCard file after selecting Browse.
•Selecting Export vCard. Now the conversion process can begin.
By exporting all of your contacts from XLS to vCard format, you may quickly export all of your contacts onto smartphones, Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, iCloud, and other programs.
The Softaken Excel to vCard converter has the following benefits:
• Export the contact information from the Excel spreadsheet in VCF format.
• Examine and confirm the contact information in an Excel spreadsheet.
• You can convert XLS/XLSX contacts to VCF without using Microsoft Excel.
• One VCF file should contain all of your contacts; you can convert Excel columns to vCard fields using this service.
• A sizable Excel file can be exported in vCard format.
The final words:
In this article, we provided the answer to the query “How to convert contacts from XLS to vCard“. The conversion can be done manually, but it takes time and is difficult for untrained users. If your manual procedure isn’t working, consider becoming automated. The operations of both options have been described in detail. Now, perhaps, anyone can easily execute the conversion.