- When to start
- Why is early stimulation important?
- affectivity and effectiveness
- Pillars of early education
When to start
All that communication is the easiest way to stimulate the baby in you . There are more and more studies that affirm that emotional health during pregnancy is a very important factor in the subsequent development of the child at an emotional and cognitive level. It pays to take care of yourself during pregnancy, both inside and out.
From birth we must offer an environment rich in sensations to the baby: touch him with different textures, perform infant massage , offer different smells, sounds, music, enhance his psychomotricity, talk to him, sing to him and explain everything.
These small details favor their development and arouse their curiosity to learn about the environment.
Why is early stimulation important?
Neuroscience gives us the necessary explanations to justify why children need attention and opportunities . The brain needs stimulation to develop. Early stimulation provides information and opportunities at the motor and sensory levels. Between 0 and 6 years of age, the great plasticity of the brain facilitates learning and lays the cognitive foundations for the future. In this time window the child has his greatest ability to learn, for example, a foreign language. In addition, the interests of the child have no borders.
With stimulation, a greater number of neuronal connections are created and it is in the number of these connections that the difference between a well-developed brain and another that is poorly stimulated lies. The key is a correct neural organization . Thanks to the fact that their neurons are better connected, their capacities will improve: intellectual, affective, motor, etc. In other words, we will be able to raise versatile children.
Leaving neuroscientific issues aside, enriching our children’s environment from a young age directly transmits the “taste for learning”, helps their happiness.
Affectivity and effectiveness
We speak of a well-conceived stimulation that takes place in the right environment, with affectivity. Ideally, it should be done within the family, naturally, without pressure or pretension. The motto: “if there is no affect, there is no effect” is something to keep in mind. The child only learns and develops correctly if there is an emotionally stable and affective environment. Basically, it is one more way to show love for your child, a child stimulated by affection is a happy child.
The child can grow up counting on the trust of the adults around him, feeling loved and with real possibilities of developing his full potential. We will probably be raising children who are more emotionally stable and less likely to fail in school .
All the activities they do with their children enhance the father-mother-son bond. It is important to highlight the importance of a well-nourished brain during pregnancy and childhood . Only a brain that receives all the nutritional contributions can learn and perform at its full potential.
Pillars of early education
- Music : music must be one of the most ancient artistic disciplines in man. Percussion and singing were the first musical instruments. It is said that children who are immersed in a musical environment or who study music are children with greater memory and concentration capacity, improve the way they express themselves, strengthen other areas of learning and stimulate creativity. Singing songs to babies stimulates language and oral comprehension.
- Sensory and motor : it is important to develop the baby’s senses: tactile (infant massage, touching different textures and temperatures, as well as skin-to-skin contact in the case of smaller babies). As for psychomotor development, the best option is to leave the baby on the floor, on a smooth but warm and comfortable surface. It will be the only way to offer him the opportunity to crawl, roll over or crawl when it is his turn.
- Language and languages : the comprehension capacity and the acquisition of language is developed in the first years of life. The best time is before the age of six. Multilingualism or bilingualism stimulates the brain to decode phonemes, improves pronunciation and enhances children’s verbal skills.
- Stimulation should start in pregnancy with speech, music, caresses on the belly…
- And from birth it is important to offer an environment rich in sensations for the baby. talk to it, sing to it, touch it… because a greater number of neural connections are created that favor a well-developed brain.
- To advise us throughout its development, health companies often include pediatric guidance services, which are of great help to parents.