Lotus Notes is a well-known email client. It is a complete package that includes email, to-do, calendar, contact management, messaging, and other business collaboration functions. However, this email program is overly complicated and costly. As a result, many business users have switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In this post, we’ll go over why you should convert NSF to PST, how to transfer Lotus Notes to Outlook, and how to convert NSF to PST quickly. This post will be useful if you are looking for the best way to do this conversion.
Why should you convert NSF to PST?
NSF files are not supported by Microsoft Outlook. It stores user mailbox data on the local machine using PST files. To open an NSF file in Outlook, the user must first convert it to PST format. The user can then access the Lotus Notes mailbox data in Outlook.
How do I move Lotus Notes to Outlook?
You can migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook manually or use a third-party Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter. Both methods will be discussed in this section. You can select any of these remedies based on your needs.
Method 1: Using the Manual Method, convert NSF to PST.
The manual solution is divided into two steps. Follow the steps below to manually convert NSF to PST.
Please keep a backup before attempting this method.
Step 1: Convert Lotus Notes NSF files to a CSV intermediate file.
- Start IBM Lotus Notes.
- Open the Lotus Notes application by selecting File > Open.
- Select the required NSF file and click Open in the Open Application window.
- Click the File menu and then the Export option.
- Set the file location and name.
- Choose Comma Separated Values from the list of file types.
- Select the necessary options from the CSV Export dialogue box and press the OK button.
- The exported data is saved in the form of a CSV file.
Step 2: Import a CSV file into Microsoft Outlook.
- Open MS Outlook, then select Open & Export from the File menu.
- Select the Import and Export tab.
- Select Import from another program or file from the list, then press the Next button.
- Choose Comma Separated Values as the file type and press the Next button.
- Click the Browse button, navigate to the exported CSV file path, and then click the Next button.
- Choose the Outlook folder where you want to save the data and press the Next button.
- Check the box and then press the Finish button.
Take note: This method is beneficial. It is, however, lengthy and necessitates technical knowledge. In some cases, it does not properly convert NSF to PST format.
Method 2: Use an NSF to PST Converter to convert NSF to PST.
We will use the Softaken NSF to PST Converter Software in this case. It is one of the most popular tools for converting NSF files to PST files. This tool’s algorithm quickly acts on the NSF and generates a quick preview mode. Following that, you can convert NSF to PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, and other useful file formats. The software, however, requires Lotus Notes to be installed on the local machine. To finish this conversion, follow the steps below.
- Install the Softaken NSF Converter Software on your computer.
- Start the software and select the Add file option.
- Select the NSF database to be converted and press the OK button to begin the loading process.
- Following the loading process, the software will generate a full preview mode. You can view the message by clicking on any item (Optional)
- Select the Export option and then select the folders you want to convert.
- Select PST as an Export option, and then specify a location for the resulting PST file.
- To begin the NSF to PST conversion, click the Export button.
- When the procedure is complete, click the Finish button.
Before converting Lotus Notes to PST, please make a backup.
Other Beneficial Features
- Lotus Notes can be converted to PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, HTML, RTF, and other file formats.
- Create a quick preview mode within the software window.
- Keep the original folder structure.
- NSF to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server migration
- Free NSF to PST Conversion The first few items from each folder are converted.
- All versions of Microsoft Outlook, including Outlook 2019, are supported.
- Compatible with all editions of the Windows operating system, including Windows 10.
Read more blogs on thethriveglobal